Tuesday, January 14, 2014

I think I can, I think I can.....

On this long journey to health sometimes the scale gets stuck. It can get discouraging, but I know in my heart I will not give up. I may get down in the dumps a day, maybe 2, maybe a week. But then there is something that nudges me and tells me to keep pressing on. I remind myself why I am doing it. Its not to look good, its not to wear a hot bathing suit ( would never happen anyway lol ), its not to wear tight jeans or short skirts. Its to be a more healthy Amy. Its to live longer to serve the Lord, to raise my child, to love my husband. To take care of my grandmother and mother as they age. To enjoy life with Miles. I want him to hike and bike with me. So its more than just losing "weight", its living LIFE! 

One way to not focus on the scale number is to try on a pair of clothes that may not fit just yet. Clothes will always be honest to you. The buttons will scream, the stitching will stretch and beg for mercy. So here is a pair of pants that a friend handed down. I am not focused on the size either. Because they are the same size of the jeans I wear daily and they fit just fine. But as you can see these DO NOT. They are hugging, very tightly may I add, to my problem area. The part that is weighing me down! BUT I am working on it! I am toning and watching my calories and hoping, that come summer time I will slide these pants on with ease and confidence. So pull out maybe something you have not been able to wear, or go check out a consignment shop and pick up something that you can see yourself wearing in 6 months, or ever 3 months. And see the changes. 

Hoping to update this post with a side by side of them fitting nicely by spring/summer time!


Goals~ Will be Reached! 

No comments:

Post a Comment