Monday, April 8, 2013

5 Day Juice Detox

So this is the beginning! Marlaina, me and Tracey gearing up for a week of juicing. See that big green jug Marlaina is holding.....yea its my breakfast, lunch and dinner!!

Day 1 Monday:

Weight: 212

Feeling: Pretty good. Not starving yet.

What am I missing: My morning coffee.


Scripture:  Philippians 4 : 11-13  Thanks to my friend Wanda Brothers
11:  Not that I speak in respect of want for I have learned in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content.
12: I know both how to be abased, and I know how to abound, every where and in all things I am instructed both to be full and to be hungry, both to abound and to suffer need.
13: I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

I think the hardest thing for me is drinking the warm lemon water in the mornings. I would much rather have my coffee!!
So far so good. I have never been a V8 drinker. So this is all new to me. I have never been a big veggie eater either. Much better these days. So I am taking "shots" through out the day. That way I am not sipping on it and it lingering in my mouth.
My juice was all pre-made the night before by my good friend Marlaina. Its all mixed together and is the same until Wednesday. All organic Kale, Spinach, Celery, Carrots, Tomatoes, Garlic and Ginger.

By the end of the day I felt awful. I felt like I was going to pass out. But not from hunger pains. I couldn't focus, and I had 3 more hours with the 3 yr old. So I had a banana! Afterwards I felt so much better.
So maybe I am not ready for complete juice.



Day 2 Tuesday:

Weight : 210.8

Feeling: Better than I thought I would. Just started getting hungry

What am I missing: Nothing much at the moment.


Scripture:  Luke 11 :17 But he knowing their thoughts, said unto them. Every kingdom divided against itself is brought to desolation and a house divided against a house falleth.

Im using this scripture only to say it would be easy if everyone was doing it together. I know I have to be strong and not rely on others, but if you are able to have your family do this together it would be awesome! Plus this is a great scripture to use for many things!


Day 3 Wednesday:

Weight: 209

Feeling: Pretty good

What am I missing: Really craving a nice piece of salmon and big salad.

Scripture: Matthew 5:6 Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled.

Again thanks to my friend Wanda for posting such great verses each day to help us get through this.
Each time I feel hunger or the need to eat, I am reminding myself that my soul should ache for the Lord just as much. Most of us don't go a day with out eating or drinking. Neither should we go a day without praying and seeking Jesus.

Also at my heart changers meeting last night, my good friend Marlaina made some awesome new juices. So today I am enjoying one called Kale Cleanser. Its Kale, Cucumber, Pineapple and something else. lol
Its much better than what I have been drinking. Also I am getting some fruit today and will be making some sweet yummies.

So later today I was getting hunger pains! My son who never eats wanted to eat today. So that was a challenge. But I didn't not snack on ANYTHING! I didn't put one morsel of food in mouth. Instead I prayed. Each time I got a hunger pain, I took a burden up the Lord. Some where mine and some were others. Starting to really get a grip on the fasting aspect of this and understanding its importance.


Day 4 Thursday:

Weight: 207 , this makes a total loss of 87lbs!!!

Feeling: A little hungry, but not starving like I thought I would

What am I missing: Crunching on something!

Scripture:

Yesterday evening I juiced up enough to get me through the last 2 days! Cant believe its almost over! On the menu today my green juice will be a mixture of Spinach, pineapple,cucumber and apple. This is more spinach  and cucumber than anything. My fruit juices are going to be a pineapple,mango, and cantaloupe. Oh this is so good! And then I have some Carrot, Apple and Ginger juice.
Hoping to get the gym today. I have had cake orders this week and been tied up with those. But I feel like am energized and able. So far this hasn't been as bad as I thought it would be for me. I am already looking forward to another in a few more months.
Day 5

I made it!!!WOW! This was harder than I thought. I want to consider this my practice run and the next time I do it, I will be more ready and knowing what I am getting in to.
I was down to 207 the morning of day 5. But after another 24 hrs I was at 205!!! Whoop whoop!


No comments:

Post a Comment